Are you planning to invest in a new Practice Management Software (PMS) for your vet clinic?
It’s an excellent idea, but it’s extremely important to understand the difference between different software to make an informed choice.
The biggest decision you’ll have to make is whether to opt for a server-based software or cloud-based solution.
So, without wasting your time, let’s compare and contrast cloud- and server-based veterinary PMS to find out which options are more suitable for your practice.
Server Based Veterinary Practice Management Software
Server-based software is a management tool that is installed on the physicalized servers installed on-site to share data across all the PCs in the veterinary clinic.
The server can operate without an internet connection. Modern server-based systems require costly infrastructure and hardware, which needs upgradation after every three to five years.
Cloud-based Veterinary Practice Management Software
Cloud-based veterinary software is a management tool that facilitates veterinary practices to streamline their daily operations.
The software is hosted on cloud servers and can be accessed from any internet-enabled device, including PC, laptop, tablet, and smartphone.
Which option is better?
Most veterinary clinics are moving from server-based to cloud-based software. The cloud-hosted technology is highly preferred due to improved flexibility and security.
According to Forbes, 83% of enterprise workloads will be in cloud storage by 2020, which shows the prevalence of cloud-hosted services.
So, it’s a smart move for veterinarian clinics to adopt cloud computing before their older servers become obsolete.
Here are some key benefits of cloud-based veterinary practice management software that you should know:
Benefits of cloud-based veterinary practice management software
- No infrastructure required: Cloud-based veterinary software doesn’t require costly infrastructure and hardware. It eliminates upfront costs and maintenance expenses.
- Accessibility: Cloud-based veterinary software is a location independent technology. It can be easily accessible by vet professionals on the go.
- Scalability: Cloud-based veterinary solutions are highly scalable. Veterinary clinics can upgrade and downgrade their services as per their needs.
- Cost savings: Cloud-based veterinary solutions operate under the ‘pay as you go’ model. So, vet clinics only pay for the services they use, which saves them money.
- Data backup: Cloud-based veterinary software automatically back up data at a secured facility, which minimizes the chances of data loss.
About Galalee Software Solutions
Based in Washington, Galalee Software Solutions is a leading IT company that offers a wide range of IT solutions, including global vet practice management software powered by cloud technology. Their services also include mobile and desktop app development, custom software development, web designing, cloud hosting solutions, and more. To get in touch, call (360) 876-5830 or visit their website.