Comparing EAC Certification and EAC Declaration – What You Should Know


As a business looking to expand to the Eurasian landscape, you need to understand the differences between EAC certification and EAC declaration.

It should be remembered that it is not the manufacturer’s or business entity’s choice as to what type of documents they want to obtain. The Customs Union technical regulations clearly state if either EAC certification or EAC declaration, or both, would be required.

A Bit about EAC Certification

EAC certification is a compliance requirement for products getting exported to EAEU. This certificate can only be issued by a regulatory authority in any of the member nations of the Customs Union after a rigorous quality assessment and safety check.

The relevant laboratory provides test results and it is on the basis of these test results that EAC certification is provided to the business entity.

EAC certification can also be obtained voluntarily. In this case, the applicants decide on the standards of safety and the tests are carried out accordingly.

A Bit about EAC Declaration

The EAC declaration is made by the manufacturer or business entity looking to export, supply or sell goods to any of the member nations.

This is a declaration that states that all the technical regulations have been met. All the tests and assessments are carried out by the manufacturer – there’s no third-party involved.

However, the EAC declaration, after it is obtained, has to be submitted to an EAEU accredited body for future records.

Products that Require EAC Certification

Here are some product categories that require EAC certification:

  • Electrical instruments and household items,
  • Low-voltage equipment,
  • Cables and wires,
  • Automobile equipment,
  • Agricultural machines,
  • Construction machines, and so on.

Products that Require EAC Declaration

Here are some product categories that require EAC declaration:

  • Turbines and gas turbines installation,
  • Diesel generators,
  • Conveyors,
  • Polymer processing devices,
  • Paper-making equipment,
  • Manufacturing equipment,
  • Metal-making equipment, etc.

Documents Needed for Both EAC Certification and EAC Declaration


Here are some documents that are required for both types of authentications:

  • Detailed description about the product,
  • Name of the product and its customs tariff number,
  • Technical passport,
  • Technical drawings and datasheet,
  • Test reports,
  • Previously acquired certifications, including ISO, DIN, CB, etc.

Depending on the product type and category, additional documents or certificates might be needed by the relevant authorities.

With a team of thorough professionals, G&M Compliance provides comprehensive certification management services, including EAC certification, to manufacturers and other business entities looking to sell, supply or export goods to members of EAEU. From initial document collection to test reporting, they take care of all the hassles.

Facebook Comments