If you’re familiar with Voice over Internet Protocols (VoIP) you probably know about Vonage too.
Vonage is one of the most reliable VoIP service providers around the world. It’s popularly recommended for its mobile app integration and international calling features that give it an edge over many of its competitors.
If you’re looking for the best VoIP service for your home or office, here’s a detailed review on Vonage prices and its new Extensions application to help you make the right choice!
Vonage Price Plans
- Vonage is pretty easy on the pocket for its global clients. Its base plan costs around $9.99 per month for the first year and offers unlimited calls in North America. This includes the whole of US, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. However, from the second year onward, you’ll be charged $24.99 on a monthly basis. This is still a great deal because it continues to include all features that were first provided to you in your first year plan. In addition to this, you get a hardware adapter to keep your existing phone number.
- Users in North America now get the same prices as everyone else who has subscribed to Vonage World. For the first year, North Americans will only pay $9.99 and then pay $27.99 from the second year.
- American users have the option of getting a 911 connectionwith their VoIP system. You’ll have to get in touch with your service provider and they’ll provide you a form where you input your location. Your connection will be activated once the emergency operator has registered your address.
- If you’re using the Vonage soft-phone application, you’ll have to pay an additional $9.99 per month to make calls through your mobile device.
Vonage Extensions App
- Vonage is super mobile friendly, mainly because it lets you make inbound and outbound calls with your mobile phone without using the minutes. This is a useful feature for people who need to make international calls on a regular basis. The mobile calling system can save you some hard earned income.
- Vonage is compatible with both iOS and Android software. However, it doesn’t work for Windows users. Although, they do have the option to access a Vonage phone number and benefit from the affordable call rates.
- You can use Vonage Extensions with any kind of internet connection: Wi-Fi, 3G, and 4G etc. Keep in mind that when you make calls with Vonage over Wi-Fi you’ll have to first register your number.
- iOS users can benefit from the new set of updates introduced by Vonage for their phone software. iOS 10 CallKit users can now take incoming calls with their home screen functions intact. Plus, you can integrate your VoIP service with Siri and take calls on voice command!
Is Vonage Extensions Worth It?
The answer for this depends on how you’d like to use your Vonage service. It’s a definite win for iOS users though.
If you’re looking for details on services provided by Vonage or other VoIP vendors, simply log onto the Top 5 Business VoIP website and find comprehensive reviews at the click of a button!