Information technology (IT) spending on enterprise software worldwide is expected to reach $426 billion in 2020. Enterprise-level organizations don’t use off-the-shelf software to carry out their business operations but develop customized software to meet the specific needs of their business.
Let’s learn more about software development for enterprise-level organizations.
What is enterprise software development?
Enterprise software development is intended to enhance business agility and efficiency. The objective is to streamline business processes and improve customer experience using cutting-edge solutions. Software development for enterprise-level organizations is a highly complex and multifaceted process that requires a high level of expertise and resources.
Key features of enterprise software development
Functionality and performance
The software developed for enterprises must contain all the features necessary for carrying out large-scale operations.
It should run seamlessly and integrated with existing processes within an organization.
Different users on different platforms use the software, so thorough testing should be performed to ensure high-level performance
Security is one of the biggest concerns, perhaps the most significant factor when it comes to enterprise software development.
The software must contain advanced security features like multi-layer encryption, firewalls, etc., to safeguard valuable business information from cyberattacks.
The software developed for enterprise-level organizations must be highly scalable.
It means it can be upgraded in terms of functionality, features, and user capacity without affecting the performance of the software.
The client must share their business goals with developers to ensure they design software that can serve the enterprise in the long-run.
Stages of enterprise software development
An experienced software development company has a structured software development process that provides high-quality results.
- The planning and design stage: Developers gather the relevant information from the client and prepare a document as per the requirement specifications.
- Analyzing and defining: The developers then carry out a requirement analysis and creates a system architecture and technology stack.
- Building: This stage initiates the system building process by writing code using the programming language that is suitable for the project.
- Testing: Developers and testers run a range of tests to find and troubleshoot bugs, defects, and errors present on the software.
- Deployment: Once the software is ready, the developers deploy the software to the client’s system.
About Galalee Software Solutions
Based in Washington, Galalee Software Solutions is a leading IT company that offers a wide range of IT solutions, including custom software application development for enterprise-level organizations. The other services include mobile and desktop app development, web designing, cloud hosting solutions, and more. Call (360) 876-5830 or visit their website to get started!